Providing the average person with credit, so they never have the stress or restrictions when they want to spend. Halifax cards provide you with a range of credit cards for everyday purchases, travel or balance transfers. The best part is these can be tracked through the Halifax app.
They have four categories which qualify for the priority service that your credit card will perform. These include balance transfer, everyday spending, large purchases and travel.
All these cards provide with a simple solution to the problem, and you can mix your services to get your interest rates for your needs.
The Clarity Credit Card
- Payments are made monthly with a rate of interest previously agreed upon.
- This card is for the traveller in you. It provides you with the ability to withdraw cash from anywhere around the world with any extra charges or fees. (Although some interest rates might apply depending on the ATM providers)
- There is also no additional fee for swiping your card for payments anywhere in the world, but you can expect some interest charges to apply.
- The withdrawn cash outside of the UK will have a rate of exchange into pound sterling that is provided by MasterCard.
- The interest rate remained fixed and agreed upon at the time of application unless the due bill is not paid till the due date. In that case, additional interest will be added to your spending.
- You can expect to get a variable representative of 18.9% and a variable annual purchase rate of 18.95 %
- You can get the above-mentioned rates based on borrowing an amount of £1200 for 12 months. Depending on your circumstances.
No Fee 0% Balance Transfer Credit Card
- Payments are made monthly with a rate of interest previously agreed upon.
- You will not be required to pay interest on your balance transfer for up to 20 months on balances you transfer within the first 90 days. The transfer made must also be a minimum amount of £100.
- You will not be required to pay any fees on any balance transfers you make within the first 90 days. This means that there will be no service fees or any other fees for the first 90 days of opening your account and transferring any balance.
- For the first 6 months, you do not have to pay any interest on any purchases that you make. This offer is available on all purchases paid off in full in the first 6 months of opening your account.
- You will pay a standard rate of 19.95% p.a which is variable on your circumstances on any card purchase made after the first 6 months of opening the account unless you pay them by the given due date each month.
- You can expect to get a variable representative of 19.9% and a variable annual purchase rate of 19.95 %.This is based on borrowing £1200 over a period of 12 months.
Low Fee 0% Balance Transfer Credit Card
- The payments are made on a monthly basis and are subject to adding up interest if the due bill is not made on the due date
- You will not be required to pay interest on your balance transfer for up to 24 months on balances you transfer within the first 90 days of opening your account.
- Each balance transfer you make has a minimum limit of £100.
- The fee that is charged for the first 90 days is 3%, but a cash back reward will be given of 1.5% so you will essentially be paying only 1.5% fee.
- A of 3% will be charged after the first 90 days.
- The 1.5% fee refund will be given back to you within the 90 days of balance transfer provided that your account is still open at that time.
- You will pay no interest for the first 12 months of a purchase you made provided that you pay it off in full in the first 12 months of opening your account.
- The APR will be the same as the no-fee balance transfer card provided the same circumstances.
Longest 0% Balance Transfer Credit Card
- The payments are made on a monthly basis within the due date, and interest will add to your balance if that due date is missed.
- You will not be required to pay any interest for balances you transfer for up to 28 months on the balance transfer made within the first 90 days of opening your account.
- Each balance transfer has a minimum limit of £100.
- A 3% fee is charged for each balance transfer you make.
- You pay no interest on your purchases made within the 3 month limit of opening your account although the purchase needs to be paid within the due date of each month.
- The APR is the same as the other two balance transfer credit cards provided the given circumstances in the example. Your APR may vary accordingly.
0% Purchase And Balance Transfer Credit Card
- The payments are made on a monthly basis within the due date an interest rate is added if any payment is missed.
- You are not required to pay any interest rate on balance transfers for up to 20 months within the first 90 days.
- A 3% balance transfer fee will be charged on each.
- You will not be charged with any interest on any purchases made within the 20-month limit provided the monthly payment is made in due time.
- The APR remains the same as the rest of the balance transfer credit cards provided you check the given circumstances. Your APR will vary accordingly.
Flexi-Card Credit Card
- This card offers you to manage your own monthly payments from 2 months up to 36 months.
- The minimum limit for an instalment is as little as £100.
- You are not required to pay any fees on balance transfers made within the first 90 days of opening your account.
- The APR rate is as low as 6.4 %, and variable annual purchase rate is 6.45%.
- The above-mentioned rates are based on borrowing £1200 over a period of 12 months. Your credit limits are APR’s may vary accordingly
How To Apply For A Halifax Credit Card
Applying for one of the above-mentioned cards is a simple and painless online process. You can even check your eligibility online through their eligibility checker which is a 5-minute process. Simply log in to the Halifax website at https://www.halifax.co.uk/creditcards.
An online application is available to you with simple steps that require your information such as past address(s) employment details etc. and a few questions to help them know you better. This will help speed up the approval process.
- You must be 18 years of age or older when applying for a Halifax Credit Card. This allows you to be a legally consenting adult when you get your card.
- You must be a resident of the UK. This makes it easier for them to track your record and will ensure your acceptance.
- You must have an average credit report. They will credit check your application.
- You will be offered a card and APR based on your individual circumstances so you can get what you can afford.
Con’s Of Getting A Halifax Credit Card
- You will be charged a 3% fee on balance transfer after the first 90 days of account opening when you transfer balance.
- You will receive a different interest rate depending on your circumstances so you can never really be sure what you can expect
- Your credit report is checked throughout, so any imperfection will make you non-eligible for the credit card to apply for. And make your application void.
- The pending payment can rack up a lot of interest if a payment is missed and you can not estimate how much.
How Will I Repay The Money I Spend?
You are required to pay a payment each month for the money you have borrowed. You have a lot of flexibility when choosing to pay. You can pay a fixed amount in pound sterling every month agreed upon, or you can pay a minimum amount shown on your statement, or you can pay the remaining balance also displayed on your statement in full.
How Long Will My Card Have 0% Interest?
You are provided with a no fee and no interest offer on your card that will be communicated to you in advance. This will be different for every type of card but usually ranges from 3 months up to 28 months with balance transfer and 6 months to 20 months for purchases via your Halifax credit card.
Can I Apply For More Than One Halifax Card?
You are eligible to apply for a second Halifax card which will give you more flexibility and give you a chance to avail more offers that are linked with the cards. Although being approved for another Halifax card will be based on your individual circumstances. And the APR you receive will also vary accordingly.
Whether you want to shop till you drop or are looking to fly to a vacation wonderland or are looking to expand your business and need that extra lit bit of cash. Halifax is a company that provides quick and simple banking solutions for the average person.
Even if you are not their prime customer, it has a variety of different products to choose from to personally solve your problem. They are part of the Lloyds Banking group and a division of The Bank of Scotland Plc. They are based in the UK in Edinburgh. This makes them open to a lot of different clientele spread across the UK.
The catalogue full of products that they have to offer will adjust to your requirement and provide you with an easy to follow the way to manage your finances.
When we talk about banking solutions, there are a few typical things that every other bank will offer such as loans and mortgage. Halifax has that and much more.
- Current Accounts
The current accounts they have to offer have a fist full of services you can use to make your experience even more successful and simple. You might say that every average bank has a current account.
- ISA (Individual Saving Accounts)
Well they have these other accounts called ISA’s. Which stand for Individual Saving Accounts. These accounts provide you with the perfect opportunity to save your hard-earned money and use it realistically and fruitfully to help you achieve your goal. You get an annual allowance of about £20,000 pounds which you can save in a tax year.
This is a tax-efficient way to save money, and you can also discuss investment options. They offer different types of ISA’s best suited for your saving journey. And if you are still confused about how to handle your money or you feel like this is not for you there are different saving account options where you can personally pick your own account and its details.
- Insurance And Mortgages
They also provide with car insurance and mortgages for the average homeowner so you can have a stress-free living space and even earn rewards for being a Halifax customer. Existing customers can save up to £500 pounds a year on the mortgage by switching to a new deal.
The car insurance they have to offer promises fixed monthly payments that you can make via your own bank, so you are not obligated to open an account with Halifax. And a virtually contactless dealing can be down by checking at online quotes for your car within minutes.
When you are ready to apply you simply log in and. Fill out an application Online. It’s as simple as that. Moreover, they provide you with insurance for you so you never have to worry about what could be.
They offer loans for small business owners and other residents who are looking for cash to spend on renovating their house or expanding a thriving business.
If you are looking to make a big purchase or someone looking to transfer balance at reasonable rates that are easy to pay off. Halifax cards will have something you might be interested in and are a great choice for first offers.